What is FaDSS?
FaDSS (Family Development and Self-Sufficiency) is a statewide in-home family development program. FaDSS is funded by a grant through the Iowa Department of Human Rights. FaDSS is also part of Youth & Shelter Services, a non-profit human services organization. Services at YSS are available to all clients in the most integrated setting regardless of race, creed, color, handicap, national origin, gender or sexual orientation.
- FaDSS, as a family development and self-sufficiency program, builds upon the strengths of each family.
- FaDSS helps families move toward individual growth, job retention and economic stability.
- FaDSS supports and advocates for families when working with local agencies.
With FaDSS your Family will Set Goals to:
- Improve your employment and job skills
- Improve your budgeting skills
- Improve the safety of you and your children
- Access community activities and resources
- Continue your education
- Improve or maintain good health
Are you eligible to join FaDSS?
FaDSS offers programs to families headed by a person 25 years or younger (Dallas County has no age limit) who is receiving Family Investment Program (FIP) benefits.
FaDSS Program Activities
- Home visits with a Family Development Specialist.
- Parent education and support
- Special Needs funds available
- Family activities
YSS FaDSS Services are provided in:
420 Kellogg Avenue
Ames, Iowa 50010
Boone and Dallas County
806 7th Street, Suite U4,
Boone, Iowa 50036
11 East State Street
Marshalltown, Iowa 50158