Welcome to Kids Club!
We’re excited your family is interested in our program and we look forward to beginning a relationship with you and your child. The YSS Kids Club program is designed to provide your child with a safe, caring and stimulating environment during before and after school hours.
Our positive environment is created through our full-trained, high-quality staff, age-appropriate activities and community resources. It is our goal to provide your family a top-notch program that supplements and supports your child’s learning and development both at home and at school.
An Afternoon at Kids Club
Kids Club build on children’s natural desire to learn new things and become more self-reliant. Getting along with other children, taking turns, and working in a group are a natural part of playing games or learning a new hobby. Educational programs to prevent violence and tobacco, alcohol, and substance abuse are key program components.
Everyday is different at Kids Club, but below you will find quite a few of the main building blocks that make our program a unique, exciting, and nurturing place for your child.
• Centers: Our environment is constructed to allow children space for the arts, reading and homework, crafts, dramatic play, games, and building activities.
• Clubs: Children have the opportunity to choose a club to participate in once a week. The club activities build on one another from week to week, exploring various topics.
• The Great Outdoors: The children spend time outdoors every day, weather permitting, stretching their legs and getting the fresh air they need.
• Snacks: Nutritious snacks are served every afternoon. Snacks are peanut and tree nut free.
• Field Trips: When children are at Kids Club for a full day, we strive to offer fun and educational field trips.
• Visitors & Volunteers: Guests offer enrichment to the program in a variety of areas. Students from Iowa State University are regular volunteers to our program. ISU students are from a Child Development class and tutors through America Reads/America Counts.
Mission Statement: “To provide a safe, nurturing, and stimulating environment in which children can learn by action upon and interacting with their environment.”